hiding the overhead ralleye lamp wires - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 28th, 2004, 09:41 AM
George Parthmer
1995/d-90 #2715 yellowST
hiding the overhead ralleye lamp wires

I am going to install one set of used hella 1000's and one set of new hella black magic 1000 lamps above the windscreen as ralleye lights this coming weekend. I am simply waiting for rovers north to get the wiring harness to me for the used set and hopefully I will be ready to go. As I took an initial survey of the mounting tabs on the Rover I didn't see any corresponding holes through which to run the wiring. Therefore, I am posting here to find out where the best place to 1) hide the wires and 2) bring the wiring into the cab might be. Thank you in advance for any assistance that you may be able to provide.

Old March 29th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Nathan Hindman
95 Discovery, D130
Why not just run the wiring down the inside of the roll cage? Put some black shrink tubing on the wires and then zip tie them to the cage and it'll look pretty clean...

As far as running it into the cab, I'd suggest going down the inside of the bulkhead, along the chassis and then into the seatbox. mount the relay in there and it'll be pretty well protected from the elements.
Nathan Hindman

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions