Hi-Lift slide-n-lock tie down system - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 30th, 2008, 04:14 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Hi-Lift slide-n-lock tie down system

I searched for this and didn't find anything.

I saw this system in the Altantic British catalog and was wondering if anyone has installed it along the side rails of their tub and what they think. I am interested in how it was installed, I am assuming drill and bolt. Does it interfere with the rails for the soft top on the exterior and how well does it work? I am looking to use it as a way to restrain my small horses (Great Danes) in the back so I don't worry about them jumping out with the top off.

Thanks,
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
I have it installed. You can buy it from all kinds of places on the web. Mine is in the bed of the SW. Works very well. I have a rear drawer system so it is bolted to the top of that to tie-down whatever other crap I throw in the back.

Wouldn't you want to mount it in a central location so the dogs can't jump out of the bed and hang themselves?
Old October 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
It's on my todo list to install something like this as well and I like the look of these. If you look at the pictures closely, you'll see you'd install them on the inside edge of the tub so they would not interfere with anything. You can also download an instruction manual if you have concerns about installation.

http://www.hi-lift.com/slide-n-lock/index.html

I doubt they are any different than the ones you can buy elsewhere (cheaper) btw, although AB doesn't list the length on their site. For example

http://www.americanvan.com/catalog/s...m?FamilyID=103

hth
charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2008, 06:36 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarchand
Wouldn't you want to mount it in a central location so the dogs can't jump out of the bed and hang themselves?
You must know the average IQ of a Dane to ask that I was actually thinking I'd use harnesses for them. But the idea of mounting it on the floor or lower portion of the tub is probably a better idea.
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Somewhere on the ECR site is a pic of a rod the installed behind the center console using the bolts that fasten the roll cage to the floor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Somewhere on the ECR site is a pic of a rod the installed behind the center console using the bolts that fasten the roll cage to the floor.
I never saw that pic but I did something somewhat similiar for my setup. Using the holes on the Hi-Lift and 2 cut plates, I sandwiched the rollbar support right behind the between the seats . (4) 1/2" Grade 8 bolts w/ wing nuts hold it together. It seems hold really well and is totally out of the way. If anyone is interested I can take a pic of it.
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:52 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don
I never saw that pic but I did something somewhat similiar for my setup. Using the holes on the Hi-Lift and 2 cut plates, I sandwiched the rollbar support right behind the between the seats . (4) 1/2" Grade 8 bolts w/ wing nuts hold it together. It seems hold really well and is totally out of the way. If anyone is interested I can take a pic of it.
I don't think she actually wants to store a hi-lift, but rather retain a dane.

Old October 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I don't think she actually wants to store a hi-lift, but rather retain a dane.
[slaps head] - yup, that what I get for reading the title and body too fast As I re-read it I totally missed the last sentence. Thanks for clearing up :
Old October 31st, 2008, 11:34 AM
weissbrewer
Stephen Johnson
94 AA D90

you could always install some wraingler netting, thats how I retain my pooch

1982 Series 3 HCPU gone but missed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
slide