hi-lift jack mounting - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 11th, 2008, 02:50 PM
hamiamham
mike
97 D-90

hi-lift jack mounting

has anyone tried to use velcro straps or something similiar to lash their hi-lift jack to one of the internal roll cage members inside a NAS D-90 convertible? I have the mounting rack but im not keen on drilling holes and such. Ideally I wud like to keep the jack inside the truck and out of the weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
cdb
Clark Bowen
1969 Series 2a/OM617 Bugeye 88"

I think that would be a death sentence in a crash or rollover. I don't think any bungy or velcro strap would hold that weight. In a slow rollover I had a ARB fridge freezer and my console break loose from their mountings and they were bolted down. They rolled all around the inside of the D-90..
Clark
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Mike,

I would leave it in your house unless you are hitting a trail or two. You can always use the stock LR jack to jack up an axle.

My suggestion would be to make a copy of the SG High-lift holder and hang it on the tire carrier. then you have no holes drilled into anything. I have one on my ST and it works great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2008, 10:04 PM
hamiamham
mike
97 D-90

great advice. thanks guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, mount