Help with seat sizes! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 24th, 2006, 01:33 PM
bweaver
Brian

Help with seat sizes!

I've read all the threads about seats. I'm looking to replace the stock front seats with something more supportive and comfortable. I like the fit and look of more traditional racing seats and enjoy them in sports cars quite a bit. I really like alcantara and am bound to have some installed somewhere.

A few people have successfully fitted Corbeau seats, but no one has really mentioned anything about the margins around those seats. I've measured the cab but can't tell exactly how the MOMO seats I like will fit.

Can anyone with aftermarket seats (Corbeau, MOMO, Recaro, etc......NOT other make beater seats) tell me how much room they have between the shoulder area and the pillar? Seat base and the pillar/cubby box? I'm more concerned about width of the seats than anything.

It also isn't clear what year vehicle people are putting the seats in.....so I can't tell if the 95 cubby box is narrower than the 97....which I suspect....

Anyway, I appreciate the help. I'm in the process of upgrading a lot of items and will post pics soon. Just replaced all wheels and tires, waterproofing(water resisting?) is next, then front exterior, then interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 25th, 2006, 09:41 AM
bweaver
Brian

anybody? I've got some time to kill before the kids wake up....
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:19 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
http://www.defendersource.com/mod/corbeau.html

Follow-up Post:

http://www.defendersource.com/mod/bravada/index.html
Advertisement

Old December 25th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

I have Recaro seats that I have used in my 94 and 97 defenders without problem. Both are softtop defenders. I like the seat way back for leg room and the back adjustment knob limits backward movement of the seats because it hits a part of the roll cage. Not a problem on the softtop as I can get it back enough for comfort (with a MOMO steering wheel). Anyway, I can't seem to get back far enough on my D110 doublecab, as the internal rollcage interfers. Tried it a couple times and the fit isn't right - may also be because of the seat height in the doublecab.
As for width and interference with the center consule, there are no issues.

Chris
Old December 25th, 2006, 12:09 PM
bweaver
Brian

thanks chris. what about clearance to the b pillar? what recarro's do you have? the seats i like are 22" wide at the shoulders!

Follow-up Post:

here's what I'm thinking:
http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/streetracer.html
Old December 25th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Can't remember the designation (looks like an SE, but I have had them for 10 years). They are at the shop, but I think 22" is about right. On my 90's, I don't have problems with the b pillar and the seat wings, I have problems with the seatback adjusting knob hitting where the seat belt reel is when I push the seat back - that knob/reel interaction determines how far back the seat will go. Again, it does go back quite a ways before that happens.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions