Help with questions on Defender, Series, Disco and etc. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 14th, 2015, 11:32 PM
N855RE
J Matney
1964 Series IIA

Help with questions on Defender, Series, Disco and etc.

Gentlemen,

I have lurked her for quite a while and have been a rover owner for too long. Here is what I am wanting to discuss and throw out there. I currently own a 89 Range Rover SWB, 64 Series IIA 88" and a 97 Disco 1. I am trying to locate a reliable source to purchase bodies/shells complete from the UK LHD or RHD does not matter. Here are my thoughts and ideas on what I wish to do as projects.
1989 Range Rover - Simple LS2 swap with NV4500 manual trans with small lift, wheels,tires and etc. as a good daily driver.
1997 Disco 1 - I do not like the looks of them from factory so I would like to find a 110 Defender pickup body to put on this great chassis. Once again a LS2 swap with a NV4500.
64 Series IIA - I would like to find a older rover with Diesel and synchronized transmission and swap over with some other interior creature comforts. I learned the drive with this vehicle so
i want to keep the exterior fairly close to the same. Maybe even add power steering. I have just finished a CJ7 project and currently working on a Baja JeepSpeed project into a daily driver/ fun toy but Rovers are my plan for the future. If I could get some help on bodies/shells I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
JM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2015, 11:52 PM
N855RE
J Matney
1964 Series IIA

Here are some pics of the CJ-7 build and the start of the Jeep Speed TJ build. As I said I am trying to get things lined up to work on the Rovers and will post pics of them soon.

------ Follow up post added May 14th, 2015 11:57 PM ------

Old May 15th, 2015, 12:08 AM
N855RE
J Matney
1964 Series IIA

Here is a pic of the two minus the D1 waiting to be worked on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2015, 01:31 AM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
That CJ, though..... makes me wonder what that color would look like on a 110.

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old May 15th, 2015, 01:40 AM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBailey View Post
That CJ, though..... makes me wonder what that color would look like on a 110.

Same here, I like it...
Old May 15th, 2015, 08:02 AM
N855RE
J Matney
1964 Series IIA

Believe it or not but that is a 1970's Toyota FJ cruiser color that we had a local body shop match up called Desert Dune and had it painted with a matte finish. It looks really cool outside. If I can ever get my hands on a Defender I wanted to paint it a dark grey matte finish with all gloss black accessories. Thank you for the website. I just want to make sure I am comfortable before I sent several thousand dollars overseas to a company or group I have never talked with.

Thanks,
JM
Old May 15th, 2015, 08:23 AM
N855RE
J Matney
1964 Series IIA

I know everyone says the 25 year rule and etc but what if I was to rebuild the vehicle for a rebuilt title? Here is what I am thinking after doing quite a bit of research. D1's are cheap and plentiful. I would like to take a D1, scrap the body eng and transmission and install a newer Defender body on the vehicle with crate LS2 and NV4500 for resell. The state of TN will allow you a custom built title with proof of all receipts and etc. Let me know what you all think and know. I ended up swamping VIN's on this and its a 89 Jeep Wrangler in TN.

The FJ is what I found the color off of.
The D1 is what I wish to turn into a Defender.
The Buggy is a tube chassis "registered and insured as a Jeep Wrangler.
The Pre runner is a 99 Ford F-150 Cab with custom chassis and is street legal and insured also.

Old May 16th, 2015, 12:59 PM
N855RE
J Matney
1964 Series IIA

Has anyone tried to do the swaps legally? Just wondering and still needing to find a source in the UK for parts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
defender, disco, series