Help with installing bulkhead on chassis - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 5th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Help with installing bulkhead on chassis

I am getting my bulkhead back from paint today, and had a question for you guys with ST's. I threw away the 2 bolts and hardware that attaches the bulkhead to the outriggers on the chassis and ordered new stuff. Now I can't remember how many washers went between the bulkhead and the outrigger. It seems like I remember there only being 1 between the bulkhead and outrigger, but I am not sure. On my SW, there are 3, but I know that my ST didn't have 3. Wonder if this is something I am going to have to adjust after I get the back body on and doors hung? Thanks for any help.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2004, 07:15 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Chris, that is funny, I am getting by bulkhead painted today also. As for the washers, they are different on every truck. They set the gap between the bulkhead and the rear tub for the door gaps. To get it set up perfectly, you will have to wait till the rear tub is on then set the door gaps. I would start out with one washer. YOu can always add or remove it. My truck needs one washer on one side and no washers on the other..... go figure. its a rover. nothing is straight. By the way, I still have your disks and will get them back to you shortly. I did not forget.
send me some pics
Randy
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:33 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Chris

FWIW

I have built sliders for a few 90's and they had 1 washer on the drivers side and 2 on the passenger side.

All were 97's SW and ST

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions