HELP with door ajar sounds and light - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 17th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Kenny Bahr
94 D90 Alpine White #1245
HELP with door ajar sounds and light

I think I blew a fuse somewhere along the line. When I would leave the key in the ignition, or the lights on, there would be a door ajar sound, it doesn't do that anymore. The overhead light used to go on when a door would open, however it doesn't work anymore. The passenger door opens and the light goes on, the driver door does not. Is this a fuse problem, or a wiring issue? Thanks

Old May 19th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Jim Ngo
1994 D90 #80
It's probably a switch issue. Pull out the switches and clean them with some sand paper and contact cleaner. Reassemble with a dob of some electrical grease or vaseline to slow down the future corrosion.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

door, ht