Help with clutch master pipe routing 4cyl LHD 1984 90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 11th, 2011, 12:12 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Help with clutch master pipe routing 4cyl LHD 1984 90

Grrr arg..

Purchased part number NRC8329, it arrived and I cannot see a way to get the pipe to route to the proper location.

I think they sent the wrong part but wanted to check with others and see if they can confirm if it looks like the proper part and maybe post a few pictures of how the pipe routes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02728.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	38613  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:19 PM
16kpsi
Tony Lawson
1986 D110 ex-200tdi to be 6BT

hmmm. Mine does not look like- but I ordered the same part number you list when I got mine from RN(can't believe I just found the receipt!). I have a 1992 with a 1984 Master. I put in a new pipe when I converted to LHD.

The left half of your pipe kinda looks like mine. The high loop goes up near the bulkhead under the steering column just where it exits the bulkhead. On mine, the right side goes diagonal from the upper, middle bend to the fitting that turns hard into my master cylinder (instead of coming way down in a square loop as your does)

BTW: the fun I discovered - I could not get the pipe in unless I removed the brake box (again). Could not find a way to snake the pipe under the steering column without destroying it. Maybe there's a trick, but I couldn't figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe1.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	38687   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	38688  

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Thanks for posting the pics, I had no idea it would go under the steering and behind the master. You just saved me countless hours of beating my head against a wall

I sent an email to the company and they claim that they sent me the correct part and that they had to bend it some to get it in the box. It looks like maybe they made the bends into 90's so I will try slowly un bending them and maybe I can make it work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
1984, 90, clutch, lhd, master