Help identifying fuel pump fuse, '94 D90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 28th, 2009, 03:51 PM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Help identifying fuel pump fuse, '94 D90

Hey all,

I've searched other posts and found nothing... I need to identify the fuel pump fuse on my '94 D90 before I go out and buy a fuel pump.

Also, in the engine compartment, I have four, large green 30 amp fuses. How do I know these are good since one is for the fuel injection system IIRC.

I smell fuel when I've tried to start it. I've changed the fuel pump relay with no luck still. Lastly, I do see spark at the plugs.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Pull each fuse and look for a broken one. That is how I did it
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:15 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

It is the one on the lower RH side of the fuse block in front of the shifter 7.5 amp.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvelador

Also, in the engine compartment, I have four, large green 30 amp fuses. How do I know these are good since one is for the fuel injection system IIRC.
If you don't have a multi-meter or test light you can pull the maxi-fuses. It is easy to see if they are blown. Its really rare that the maxi-fuses blow though.

Make sure the inertia witch isn't tripped (black box behind the fuse panel in front of the shifter). That will kill the fuel pump too.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I have a fuse tester. It has tow prongs, one of which can be moved in and out to adjust to any size fuse. Great tool to get. Came with a fuse assortment at wal-mart. (or you know, look at the diagram on the back of the fuse box cover ....)
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:55 PM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Thanks, Keyser and everyone.

Yeah, the inertia switch was not tripped... I dunno about the '95 and '97 tunnel fuse box covers, but the icons on my '94's cover don't identify which is the fuel pump fuse.

I'll try the test light on it tonight.

Thanks again!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Rocketman
Scott Y
95 D90 SW, 2003 Disco II, 93 D110

According to the Factory WSM (dated October 93). There at least two fuse you need to be concerned with.

All electrical circuits are fed from the four main fuse box in the engine bay.

The two fuses for the fuel pump:
-- Main Fuse box (Engine bay) -- Fuse D - 30 Amp (bottom fuse). By the way the Main Fuse box should have two 60 Amo and two 30 Amo fuses. (Not all are 30 Amp). Fuse D is Marked for fuel injection.

-- Tunnel fuse box - Fuel pump is fuse number 20 (bottom row, far right)

Also, if your fuel level gauge is working, then he connector between the harness and the fuel pump is connected. The fuel level gauge is a completely different circuit fed by two different fuses. All four wires go through the same connector.

An inexpensive way to check the circuit is two remove the fuel pump relay and put a jumper wire between the two contacts that are connected when the relay is closed. I actually carry a couple of jumper wires I made in case I am in a remote location and a relay fails. (I had a fuel pump relay fail in a remote location a few years back--the root cause of this was a minor sneak path circuit to ground which also caused the clock to not work unless the engine was running and would drain the battery in about two days)
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Fuel Pump Fuses

Have you also checked the two fuel system relays? They go bad as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, fuel