Hella wiring problems... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Michael Walter
1995 D90 ST
Hella wiring problems...

Each time I turn on the hella's, I blow out the fuse for whatever source I am powering off of for the light switch. I started with the high beams like the intrux said but blew the fuse for the high beam when I switched the hella's on. Then I switched the light switch power source to the running lights and the fuse for the running lights blew. I have rechecked everything and it seems straight. Could an improper ground on the lights themselves be causing this. I ran them to a screw right by the hood release, but now I am wondering if it's aluminum or other. Help!!!

Old July 18th, 2004, 04:06 PM
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
Big lights use big electricity. When I wired up my lights I ran a wire from the battery to a relay. I then grabbed power from the rear wiper motor switch (I too have a soft top and the wiring is behind the cover betreen the vent handles) to power the switch to run the relay. It works like a champ & I have never burned a fuse.......Dave
:O [==] O:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

problems, wiring