Hella Switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 7th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Lemonhead
TB
1997 D90 SW

Hella Switch

Picked up this truck a few weeks back and making some interior changes. Below is the switch for the Hellas. Would like something more "stock" looking - any ideas?

Much thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00605-20120607-1946.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	52652  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Captain Spalding
Captain Spalding

Expedition Exchange has this. It's a dome light switch but also can be used for Hellas. $33.

Name:   DSC09747_-01.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  18.3 KB

Or

MudStuff.co.uk has some OEM style switches. They're E-Switch's R5 Series, and can be found here and there on this side of the pond. And much cheaper than EE's offering. If you use the "configurator" on the E-Switch site (which generates a part no.) be advised that if you want something special you probably won't be able to find it for sale singly.

Name:   eblack10-small.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  2.1 KB

I'm making some additions right now and also wanted a stock-ish look for the switches. In that panel of three square switch openings I will have a switch for the compressor, a double switch for Hellas and (in the future) spotting lamps, and an interior winch control switch. I found the double switch on eBay.

Name:	$(KGrHqFHJEYE-kdYZYRWBPsCkJlPsQ~~60_58.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	52657

Hope that helps.
Old June 8th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

You'll have to replace the mounting plate as the hole the Oem switch needs is smaller.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Lemonhead
TB
1997 D90 SW

Thanks for the links - and yep, think I might not have an option if the hole is too big.
Old June 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Captain Spalding
Captain Spalding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Thanks for the links - and yep, think I might not have an option if the hole is too big.
Have another look at that MudStuff page again. There are some switch plates there that you might be able to use, either as is or modified.

Name:	eswitch1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	52666

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
switch