Hella Driving Light Add - Best? - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 25th, 2006, 03:52 PM
1995 SW #487/500
who is running three 4k's I have two Euros and a FF in the middle its a shitty setup. I think two fogs or cornering beams with the FF in the center would be better. Any thoughts? Would someone like to trade thier fog or cornering for euro beams? Would anyone like to trade a Euro for a FF? Maybe this should be in parts wanted section?

Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:28 PM
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
I am running 3 Hella 4000 HIDs on a SG brush bar. I have two Euros and one Pencil in the middle.

Old October 25th, 2006, 08:30 PM
'95 D90 SW#106
Well , I will vouch for the HIds. They are worth the money, as the units will outblast anything . The housings
are clean (red) , well made, and two lights on top, or on the bar, is a cleaner set up than 4 or 5 units crowding a
roof rack. As far as my taste goes, many lights = more bling, than a simple two light set up.
The rear hid (square) back light/ work lamp, is equally fantastic.

I have used the lights to light up the equivalent of half a football field at night, to illuminate access to crew trucks.
Simply awesome.

You might want to check the new HIds with integrated ballasts, at around $400+ ea.? they look good to me.
A good investment IMO, you get what you pay for.
Old October 26th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Robert Bingham
97 ST D90
I ran three 4K's on the front bumper for awhile corner/pencil/corner and eventurally took it back to two lights and tried the euro's. I kinda like the corners better since they throw way more light around. the euro's are more or less a better traditional headlight and more directional.

On my last trip to moab, I blew out my headlight light switch, and ran the two euro's as my headlights for a good long drive on I15/I70/I191. People just thought I was using my high beams, no tickets. If they were corners I'm sure I would have been pulled over.

HID is not worth switching if you already have some 4K's, but if you are newly in the market they might make sense. The money could be spent much better elsewhere on your 90... IMHO of course. ;-)

Robert Bingham

1997 NAS 90 ST
1985 110 RHD 300tdi ROW
@gliderking instagram, twitter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ht, vin