heater switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 26th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Chris Velardi
Chris Velardi
1975 101FC
heater switch

Had the heat blower going at what may have been 2 speeds (from left hand control) no real heat but you could hear it and feel air movement, now I cant get the the blower motor on , the fuses all test out fine... any ideas? I really don't want to keep taking the dash apart , I know the plastic will start braking and the speedo cable is a PITA to get put back in (with big hands) Wondering if I replace the speedo with a VDO electric one if they make the right adaptor to go from Land Rover speedo cable to electric. Have to love old 110's you fix one thing and the next thing is just waiting ;-) lucky it is a labor of love .

------ Follow up post added October 26th, 2011 11:29 PM ------

Ok ,
got to the bottom of it! The blower motor fuse was good but the fuse holder was messed up (does any one else with an early 1980's 110 have their fuse holders just jiggling around in the metal frame ? cant seem to get these secured (not sure if an old plastic retaining piece had broken off. Really would like to replace the while panel with some mini plastic blade fuses... wonder how much work it would be .....anyone ever done it ?
Chris "V"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

heater, switch