Defender Source Forum banner

Heater Fan

Tags
fan heater
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Red90 
#1 ·
A month or so ago the heater in my wifes 97 D-90 stopped working, it worked fine until then (except the low didn't really blow). I stuck my hand in the fan and found a rag caught in the fan.

1. I removed the rag and ran the power directly to the fan motor, the motor started, no problem at all.
2. I checked the fuses that are located in front of the differential shifter and under the hood, all checked out.
3. I ran a ground wire from the wires that plug into the switch to see if the switch wasn't working, nothing happened, no power at the fan power wire.

My question is, what else could I test to locate the problem??? Could it be a relay or something like that??

Thanks!

#2 ·
Well it is pretty simple. There is switched power supplied to the heater resistor block. This then goes to the motor. Switching is on the ground side. This can all be checked at the fan. You need to hunt down the problem.

#4 ·
Pull open the connector at into the resistor box, check for +12V with the ignition on and ground on each switch with the switches in the right spot. If either of those fail, then start following the circuits. If not, then follow the circuits into the heater. Make sure you have the wiring diagram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.