Heated Windscreen Wiring - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 29th, 2005, 12:55 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Heated Windscreen Wiring

Ok, Im making a harness for my heated windscreen. I got the LR relay and Timer and the diagram for the wiring which does not look hard but the diagram shows one positive and one ground going to the screen (2 hookups). Mine has hookups on it. one on either end and one in the middle. What gives? Any Ideas?
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

The Defender's heated screen element is actually split into a left and a right panel with the two halves of the screen wired independently. The two connections at either end of the screen are the live/positive feeds for the respective heated elements, and the single connection in the centre is the earth/ground wire.

Kev
Old August 29th, 2005, 01:17 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Kev, will I need 2 switches and relay setups or can I do it with one and just wire the 2 together? Also, What size wire should I use? The switch side is a 5 amp fuse and the main lead is a 30amp fuse?
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin

Just wire the screen through one switch (as per the factory set-up) using the kit you've got.
I'm no electrical expert but 5 amp for the switch and 30amp for the screen feed sounds about right.

Kev
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin

This may also help.

http://www.lrm.co.uk/archive/technic...eenheater.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wiring