Heated Seats - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 13th, 2013, 11:06 PM
defender1844
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS

Heated Seats

I've been looking at the Recaro's and drooled however I gave it some thought and what I really want are heated seats. The Recaro's have side bolsters and with a slightly lifted truck it may be a bit too much of a hassle to elevate over the bolster as opposed to sliding into the factory seats. Also, my factory seats are in great shape and they are more waterproof than leather seats.

So, can my seats be modified to accept seat heaters? If so, where do I get the heater elements and where do I get the switches? Besides new covers, better stitching and heating apparatus, how else are the Puma seats better than factory seats and how close can I get modding mine?

Thanks as always guys
Mit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

You can heat them easily, I have done it a few times and was actually just looking at the latest stuff...you can now add cooled seats, power lumbar and even massage too in case you want to pretend it's a Range Rover. I just ordered the Heated/Cooled setup from Amazon. I plan to start playing with them when they get here. I've heated seats several times, but this will be a first. I think it will be nice since the AC is never great and I won't be adding it immediately anyhow.
Old December 13th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Rover Lover
Ron Dade
97/D90 Soft Top

Safari HP converted mine during rebuild and it's a welcome upgrade, I must admit. They have the kits, as well as Rovers North. recommend rebuilding the seats at the same time. Both places can help with that. You'll be glad you did. Not the leather Puma seats, but a pleasant change from old broken down, cold seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2013, 11:27 PM
defender1844
Amit Likhyani
95 D90 Soft Top Estoril Blue 6.2 LS

I'm not fundamentally opposed to the Puma's but I can't imagine that leaving them in the rain is a great idea. Seems more of an upgrade for a station wagon as opposed to a soft top in Texas with no roof or at best a surrey top 8 months out of the year.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
seats