Heated front windshield for D-90? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 27th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Severin Blenkush
97 D90 LE, 10 Lotus Exige S, 05 LR3
Heated front windshield for D-90?

A very thoughtful construction truck threw a "boulder" at my windshield the other day and now I need a new one. Does anyone know if there is a D-90 windshield that has the heating elements (like with the RR, Disco and Freelander cold climate package) in it? If so, is it available in the States? I realize the wiring would need attention.

Old February 28th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat
The '93 Defender 110's had one fitted, pricey but I believe that it's in the RoversNorth catalog.

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:34 AM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
I ordered mine from the UK and it was a lot cheaper. I think the link is somewhere here on the site. Do a search.
Legend in My Own Mind.
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old February 28th, 2005, 01:09 PM
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel
I looked into it a while back and found a company in th UK that was inexpensive. I had contacted them and did hear back, they would ship to the US, when I asked them if it was "Safety glass" or if it would meet US safety standards I never heard back. That's not to say they were dodging my email. I would try them again if you are serious about it. I recall it was about $100US for the heated windscreens. I could use a new windscreen, if you contact them post the info.
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Scott Preston
1969 Ser IIA Tdi Hybrid

I got mine through Duncan Mansfield @ http://www.4x4partsmaster.com/index.asp . It was a few years ago and cost around $150 including shipping to the US but that was when the dollar was $1.6 to the pound. You can also buy a factory wiring harness but it's just as easy to make your own with parts through www.waytekwire.com . Installation is a DIY project but if you don't feel comfortable, any auto glass installer can do it for $50 to $75. It's one of the best additions you can do to a rover especially if you live in a cold climate.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, d-90