heat - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
cosmickites
mike
1995, defender 90

heat

strange, when I put the heat on full blast warm air (not hot) comes from the drivers side, and cool air blows on the passenger side.

any thoughts a) why its not hot air, and b) why cold on one side of the truck?

1995 defender 90 NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I had a similar problem and a new water pump fixed the problem real well. I'm still not sure why I had a bit of a temp difference from side to side.
And I love you too
Old January 7th, 2009, 06:33 PM
cosmickites
mike
1995, defender 90

interesting. however, my temp guage reads perfectly well. you still think it could be the water pump?

also, how hard was it to install the water pump?

expensive?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Check your thermostat too...

Old January 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmickites
interesting. however, my temp guage reads perfectly well. you still think it could be the water pump?

also, how hard was it to install the water pump?

expensive?
Mine didn't get real hot either. Not a hard job. Was around $150 if I can remember right. Thermostat is like two bits at the auto parts store. All of the above took part of a Saturday morning and my soft top is warm enough to be bearable even when it is zero outstide.
And I love you too
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:36 AM
cosmickites
mike
1995, defender 90

well, it was the simplest fix ever and only cost me 2 minutes of time. apparently when you slide the heat lever up and down it moves a cable under the hood which controls the opening and closing of some sort of valve. well, with the lever in the full high heat position it was not opening the valve all the way. i manually pushed it all the way open and adjusted the cable accordingly. Now i think i can have the top off in the middle of winter, it was SOOO hot in the truck. totally stoked. thanks to all that took the time to offer feedback.
Old January 11th, 2009, 07:27 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
well, it was the simplest fix ever and only cost me 2 minutes of time. apparently when you slide the heat lever up and down it moves a cable under the hood which controls the opening and closing of some sort of valve. well, with the lever in the full high heat position it was not opening the valve all the way. i manually pushed it all the way open and adjusted the cable accordingly. Now i think i can have the top off in the middle of winter, it was SOOO hot in the truck. totally stoked. thanks to all that took the time to offer feedback.
Good deal man!
And I love you too
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:02 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
I'm hoping that this is my problem, too.. Will be under the hood tomorrow.
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:00 PM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

glad i read the thread. i'm ducking under the hood too tomorrow to check things out. always freezing my butt off and tired of it. time to crank that heating up a little. thanks.
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:28 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleofman
glad i read the thread. i'm ducking under the hood too tomorrow to check things out. always freezing my butt off and tired of it. time to crank that heating up a little. thanks.
Thank you, Jesus, as I found that the cable was easily pulling the cold on, but not pushing the hot.. The switch for the heater vent is now jammed all the way open, thanks to a little wrench pulling. I'll work out the slack issues once it gets a little warmer outside.. Thanks to all for the advice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions