Headlights suddenly stopped working - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 17th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Samer Hijazi
1986 D110 V8
Headlights suddenly stopped working

Originally Posted by TMWTP View Post
Do you happen to have a part number for the harness they sent? I'm in the process of upgrading to LED bulbs and I think I have a bad switch as well. Figured I'd attack both issues at the same time.

Jon: Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of town and didn't have access to internet.

The harness Is the ARB M002. It's a universal harness for the H4 headlights. It's not specific to our Defenders. It works great and a very easy upgrade, well worth the money in my opinion if you upgrade your factory headlights, and will prevent the headlight switch from burning up due to an increased current draw.

I also wholeheartedly agree with you, that although LEDs draw less power, it's a good idea to upgrade the wiring and get peace of mind. The cost of the harness (around $130.00) is insignificant when compared to the cost of the LED headlights and the headlight switch.

Thank you - Samer
1996 P38 4.6HSE
Defenderless for now!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

ht, lights, top