Header Rail Installation Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 31st, 2013, 04:48 AM
spammer
Samdford Wallace
95 RRC LWB / 86 Tithnous

Header Rail Installation Question

I just got all the pieces together to install my soft top on my Tithonus. I was assembling everything in my garage when it dawned on me that I forgot to get bolts to mount the header rail.

Part of this was because I wasn't sure what kind of bolts the header rail I bought would need since some have different holes. The one I got has 6 holes and came from a wolf header rail. Do I need the bolts with the clamps on them (see pic)?

Or would standard bolts work for the rail? Can I pick them up from Home Depot or do I need to call rovers north?

Lastly, I bought a sand colored rail because my top is sand, but the rail is quite a bit lighter than the top. Should I paint it black? Not sure how much rail you can see once installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
The clamps are there to allow you to loosen the header bar to remove the top. You just flip them down, that loosens the header bar, allowing you to remove the top. If you don't mind busting out a ratchet every time you want to release the header bar, then go with the Home Depot hardware.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:18 PM
spammer
Samdford Wallace
95 RRC LWB / 86 Tithnous

Home Depot it is! Actually, I was surprised to find that the bolts holding on the hard top also held on to the soft top as well. They were a perfect fit. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Lets see some pics of the new top.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
header, installation