Head gasket damaged in shipping - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:46 AM
The Dro
1988 Ninety
I'm beginning to believe they don't give a rats ass when they ship to the US.

All my parts were rattling inside the box without any protection.

I ordered part that I don't care if they get tossed around.

Originally Posted by MonLand View Post
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 10:22 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"
I have never ordered anything from Paddock ever. I ordered some stuff from the other 'addock and it showed up 6 months later on a Sunday.

I order most of my UK stuff from Dingocroft. Never had any issues, short of one or two incorrect or missing parts which were rectified at no additional cost to me.

I've visited the shop and met Tim and the crew. Its a small operation so less chance of your stuff getting screwed up. They are one of the best in UK mail order and the attitude is a galaxy far, far away from the usual UK lack of customer service.

Examples would be a full power steering box with drop arm shipped along with a radiator. No problems whatsoever.

Plus they are all upside down which is kinda cool. Sigh...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9219.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	143182  

1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:08 AM
Robert Davis
I agree that Tim is the way to go at Dingocroft.
Marc B just shared an order with me for a few small fragile items that I wouldn't buy from Paddock.
Just couldn't resist the Paddock experiment after seeing David's experience and having had so much damage on past experiences.
Will let you know how it turns out with the replacement parts.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)
Old February 23rd, 2016, 03:45 PM
1989 D110
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
Did Gavin pack your order?
No idea, I used my box as a oil drip pan while I was working on it haha

Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
Well at least you'll get back something, how about a replacement gasket as well?
Make sure your latest order is insured, so when the next round of damaged goods show you can file a legitimate claim.
They're sending 2 packages for a total of 9gpb, insured and tracked
Old February 23rd, 2016, 04:12 PM
95 D90
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
I'm beginning to believe they don't give a rats ass when they ship to the US.
Back in 1999 I ordered the dies from the 1st guy that made the oval aluminum clock / hazzard switch / outlet facia out of the UK. He was retiring and selling everything. On the phone he sounded "ok" for lack of a better word! He took $600- from me and send a rusty, damaged die, a few wonky blanks and some obscure "computer programme" on a broken floppy disc! No digital pics in thoes days and this guy was using a rotary phone anyway! Lol.. when I called to complain he was up and gone! Ended up throwing the whole thing in the trash a year later!

The second time I ordered 50 LR ID plates from the manufacturer. When they arrived they all still had tye enamel on the back side! Their solution was for me to take a belt sander to them!

I dont care what it is, how much it is or who its from! My days of ordering ANYTHING out tye UK were done 20 years ago!......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

damage, gas, shipping