hazard, dash, defroster switch retainer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

hazard, dash, defroster switch retainer

A few months ago, I seem to remember someone made a metal frame / retainer for the hazard, defroster, dash light switches (3 switches) to replace the plastic original one that has crumbled after 27 years of service. I searched the "for sale" thread but I failed to find the part. Does anybody remember who was making this part. Also, looking for a new dash / cabin light switch (1984 row d-90) since mine is starting to disintegrate from age. Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

I ordered one from a seller on ebay.uk. Was very happy with it.
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:59 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Mud UK?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2012, 10:21 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

The part you want is this one:

AWR6158LRV - Genuine NAS 97 D-90 dash trim switch housing, 3 switch housing (SW)

There was one for sale but I bought it. They are around, if you look hard enough. You might call George at RDS.

I hope you don't ruin your dash with a MUD-UK enclosure. Those things look ridiculous.
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:39 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post

I hope you don't ruin your dash with a MUD-UK enclosure. Those things look ridiculous.
I meant the panel...not the console. They have them in powdercoated metal (installed one in the 110 for rear wiper/lighter/toggle switches), just can't recall the config options...but his truck isn't NAS so they should have something.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old October 20th, 2012, 10:51 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleofbones View Post
A few months ago, I seem to remember someone made a metal frame / retainer for the hazard, defroster, dash light switches (3 switches) to replace the plastic original one that has crumbled after 27 years of service. I searched the "for sale" thread but I failed to find the part. Does anybody remember who was making this part. Also, looking for a new dash / cabin light switch (1984 row d-90) since mine is starting to disintegrate from age. Thanks in advance for the help.
The part is called "three switch panel" and safaridust makes (or at least sells) an aluminum one.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...t=switch+panel
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:56 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
The part is called "three switch panel" and safaridust makes (or at least sells) an aluminum one.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...t=switch+panel
So I guess here is the million dollar question...was he talking about the panel in the center of the dash, or the one by the lower left of the instrument binnacle. I'll admit now I'm not sure which one he was talking about.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old October 20th, 2012, 11:11 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Good point lav!
Old October 21st, 2012, 08:32 AM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

Thanks for the suggestions. I am talking about the three switch panel which is on the lower right dash on a row '84 d-90, not in the center section of the dash. On my truck it holds the hazard, dash/dome light, and the rear defrost rocker switches. I did find the original flimsy plastic switch panel at Rovahfarm while searching online last night. I think it was about $3.25. Even though the original is flimsy, it lasted 27 years. I think the price is right. Thanks again.
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

I've made mine in the past, from a piece of 2mm or so ali sheet, in about 20 minutes.... dead easy to cut, then mark the holes, chain drill around the marks, break the middle out and clean up the edges with a file.

Quick sprat with a rattle can, or powder coat if you've got someone nearby to do it. job done.
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM
isleofbones
Mike Deery
1984 D-90

I was thinking about trying that (making my own out of aluminum). Thanks forn the "step-by-step" Jim.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash, defroster, switch