has anyone used this? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 19th, 2005, 12:01 PM
George Parthmer
1995/d-90 #2715 yellowST
has anyone used this?

has anyone used this? i hope that it attached or i am going to feel like a retard ... whats new about that? anyway, the claim by expedition exhange is that you can use two per spring to get additional lift. how much lift can this spacer really give? if anyone knows let me know please. the price is pretty cheap, $14/ea. the hesitiation comes with having to pull those damn springs. thanks in advance
Attached Images

Old December 19th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90
.5" ea.

World traveler
Old December 19th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Michael Elliott
1997 D-90 Hardtop (#2369)

I run those exact spacers, which I also purchased from EE, and have been very happy with them. While it is impossible to be exact, I think one will provide a little less than 1/2 inch of lift, two will provice a little less than one inch of lift.

I am running just one, on the top of my rear springs. Remember that this one is only for the rear spring, there is a different version for the front spring.

I would strongly recommend using these. Not just because it provides a little extra height, but more importantantly it will greatly smooth out the ride of your vehicle by absorbing road shock. This is the exact reason the spacer was created in the first place for the Range Rovers.

I would attach a photo of the matching front spacer, but it is easier to just go to EE's website, which has much better photos.

Old December 19th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
I'm running those in the back and the rubberized shock tower retainers in the front. I dont care much whether they provide anylift but I really like not having the metal-on-metal contact in those locations. Sadly, any benefits in that area were likely nullified by the stupid RN polybushes I put on my chassis.
Old December 19th, 2005, 03:13 PM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
Yeah, they work great. I used them as small lift blocks to level out my truck.
Legend in My Own Mind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions