Hardy Spicer OEM? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 11th, 2007, 06:59 PM
andyrad
Andy Radlgruber
None.

Hardy Spicer OEM?

I was installing a Truetrac in the front end this weekend and saw the front CV's were made by Hardy Spicer. I bought this D90 used last year and it had some good stuff on it like a steering protector. I do not know if they did any hidden upgrades such as axles. The second owner was clueless about maintenance and everything else looks like LR original ie. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, brakes. I guess if it aint broke dont fix it. I noticed a couple teeth on the front ring gear had some "chew" marks on the outer most edge and thats fine but if at one time there was a problem maybe the halfshafts were replaced. My question is, Was Hardy Spicer the original supplier of CV's for the "94 NAS D90? Is there any way to tell if the half shafts were upgraded?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 13th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Lyman
Lyman Saltsman
1987 Rokon Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrad
I was installing a Truetrac in the front end this weekend and saw the front CV's were made by Hardy Spicer. I bought this D90 used last year and it had some good stuff on it like a steering protector. I do not know if they did any hidden upgrades such as axles. The second owner was clueless about maintenance and everything else looks like LR original ie. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, brakes. I guess if it aint broke dont fix it. I noticed a couple teeth on the front ring gear had some "chew" marks on the outer most edge and thats fine but if at one time there was a problem maybe the halfshafts were replaced. My question is, Was Hardy Spicer the original supplier of CV's for the "94 NAS D90? Is there any way to tell if the half shafts were upgraded?

Hardy Spicer=GKN= stock.... Sorry
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM
andyrad
Andy Radlgruber
None.

Thanks alot. Really, I mean it. Now I know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
oem