Hannibal rack for NAS 110s - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Hannibal rack for NAS 110s

Atlantic british has a hannibal rack that is listed specifically for the NAS 110, which differs from there NON-NAS spec 110 rack. The NAS 110 rack is cheaper as well. These facts have led me to assume that the NAS rack mounts per design to the original mount points on the SD roll cage, but the sales contacts at AB can't confirm or deny that, nor do they have any pictures or instructions to share (even though they have 2 in stock). It seems like they are not eager to make a sale, and I'm getting frustrated.

Does anybody know anything about this? Does anybody know of any other retailers that sell hannibal racks in the US? I'm not going to bother with Rover Accessories as the few things I have noticed that they sell are all overpriced compared to the competition.

Pangea Expeditions sold Hannibal I thought, but their site doesn't show any gear any more, and my emails have gone unanswered so far.

Follow-up Post:

As a disclaimer and to be fair, I was in contact today with Rover Accessories, and they have demonstrated knowledge, timely feedback and excellent courtey. That's worth something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2007, 01:30 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

I've always had good luck dealing directly with Eric Riston at Atlantic British - he'd be willing to go look in the box for you and is knowledgable enough to know what he's looking at.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:54 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Call and ask for Eric he posts here and is good with D-90.com members.

Ron
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
He emailed me and is having one pulled of the rack to investigate. Good lead. he was monitoring this site.

Follow-up Post:

Ok, here's the update. I'm posting this for posterity of all NAS 110 owners. It seems per Eric that Hannibal does now make the full length roof rack version specifically for the NAS 110, that mounts directly to the external roll cage, and has integral tabs to bolt up to the OEM tabs on the cage. Per Eric's email to me: "The rack is 55" wide and 110" long the mounting holes are 48" apart side to side and 30.5" from center to center from front to back. There are 4 mounting holes per side.
"

I'll confirm measurement tonight, but 4 on each side with no legs sounds about right to me. Further, due to the lack of legs (most likely) it's cheaper than the normal gutter mounted rack. bonus and bonus.

Ryan,
Good job fabbing up those exotic mounts for your NAS110 hannibal install! I'm choosing the less labor intensive path of resistance.

Additional notes I learned today. If anyone ever wanted to include the folding table option, the rack has to be built for it, it's not an add on.

Follow-up Post:

Even further information for posterity. "It does come with a ladder but if you have a rear NAS step the bottom rung (it is separate) is not used. "
Old July 19th, 2011, 01:15 AM
NomaD110
Christian
1993 Defender 110

Registry
I know this is an old thread and since AB isn't the Hannibal dealer anymore it is quite outdated.

Regardless, does anyone however know about these "official" Hannibal mounts for the stock NAS 110 cage? Pictures would be awesome if possible.

Thank you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, ac, nas, nas 110, nib, rack