hail damage/ body repair - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM
CaptMidnite
Daniel Choi
94 NAS Defender 90 ST

hail damage/ body repair

Hello, the bodywork on my D90 has a little ping or 2 on the flat surfaces. Is it true that dry ice can pop out such things? I heard that if you put dry ice on a small ding (with the surface to be repaired hot from the summer sun, preferably) the extreme cold will cause the ding to pop itself out.

Also, do those ding repair kits sold on JC Whitney,ect work? They consist of little sticks daubed with a super adhesive. You put it on a ding, let it sitck, and then pull it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2007, 05:42 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Don't wheel it do you? That said I'm not sure about dry ice since the dents in my truck are a little bigger than a hail dent. As for the dent wizard things they work on small dents ok.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
TheBlueDefender!
George Rogers
1995 D-90

If you can get to the back of the body panel, you can use a hammer and dolly on it. Put masking tape on the dolly so you don't scratch the paint and tap it out from the inside with the hammer. If you don't know what a hammer and dolly are, check out Eastwood.com to get an idea.....and then make your own. Piece of cake!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
body, damage