Gutter Kit w/ Rovers North (Badger) Top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 26th, 2005, 12:50 PM
mgrgpg
Mark
1989 D110

Gutter Kit w/ Rovers North (Badger) Top

Does anyone know if the gutter kit that Badger sells will work properly with The Rovers North top that Badger makes for them?

Anyone with the Rovers North top have comments on how well it seals?

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2005, 03:26 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

The Badger top that RN sells is a straight replacement for the Bestop. The gutter kit works with Badger top that Badger sells. I'm sure if you called Chris and Badger and asked him they probably would modify the top to fit but at that point might as well get the badger top.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 26th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

I have the Rovers North top and am very happy with its' functionality. It kept the rain out during the recent storms. It will not work with the gutter kit without modification. If you are thinking about buying a new top do yourself a favor and call Chris at Badger and get a copy of his catalog before you make up your mind. I bought the Rovers North top before I got the catalog and saw the Badger II top. As a result in a few more weeks I'll have a Rovers North top on mothballs as a backup and a Badger II on the truck.

Whatever you choose you can't go wrong. After all, the Rovers North top is manufactured by Badger and Chris does fantastic work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2005, 05:48 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Mark-
If you would rather lay off the RN top than store it, I might be interested in taking it off your hands here in a few months after I move to cali.
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

Sorry Jim, I think that I'm going to keep the RN top. It IS a great top that makes anything from the factory seem like junk The RN top keeps the water out. Unfortunately the clutch pedal assembly and windshield header bar don't, but a little motivation and silicon will fix that THe RN top also looks fantastic. My only problem with the RN top is that I like the look of the Badger II better.

Instead of zip out windows it has fixed windows and the whole side of the top rolls up and is secured with straps. This gives a Surrey top efffect. It gives the truck a classic "Series Look."

On a different note, assuming you meant California not Cali, Columbia where in our fine state are you looking at?

-Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
badger, kit