Grill options - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 24th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team
A lot. It will never compare price-wise to plastic. Aluminum is expensive (compared to steel & plastic) and custom fabrication is expensive. If cost is a factor I would say forget anything other than plastic. I currently have two grill designs in development. I am working on an aluminum version of the OEM grill (see pic) and a water-jet cut Wolf style grill.

Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Black anodized aluminum would be perfect. What do you think something like that would cost?

Land Rovers. A loosely associated collection of parts, generally traveling in the same direction.
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Jackie Treehorn
1985 (legitimately)
yeah, I figured.
I love those wing vents that Jason had made up so if he made a grill like that it would be on my "wish list".
The reality is that you need to balance the maintenance needs with outfitting/"bling" needs and it's going to be a little at a time for me (cosmetically).
Design, testing, fabrication, organizing all takes time and money and some of the custom fabricated items done by vendors and members is truly amazing and no doubt worth the money, just not cost feasible for me.

Old August 11th, 2014, 08:33 AM
1996/110 TDi
Heritage style grills are already available, look here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions