Great Basin Rovers SLC UT - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 23rd, 2006, 09:08 PM
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Great Basin Rovers SLC UT

Folks, if any of you ever start to consider drivetrain upgrades like Lockers, Gears, Drive Shafts, Half shafts, etc. I highly suggest you give Bill a call at GBR. A couple weeks ago I decided it was time to do it; upgrade my gears to 4:11s and lock her up. GBR makes all their stuff to order and they have the single best customer service you've ever expierenced.

Earlier this week I received my custom built diffs with 4:11s, Lockers and a GBR CV front shaft. To say the least I was excited to get everything in and jump on the trails, however, after switching everything out I took her for a test drive and experienced the worst vibrations ever imagined. Huge disapointment, right?

After trouble shooting things I deducted the culpret had to be the rear DS; but my biggest problem was I needed my truck for a 300 mile trip I'd planned over the Holiday break between Christmas and New Years. I called Bill to go over what I was experiencing and without any hesitation he offered to make me a rear shaft that day (Friday) and ship it over night for Saturday delivery. I was shocked. Never had I ever expected to be able to pull out of this tail spin in time to make my trip. Fast-forward 18 hours to Saturday morning- I woke up at 6AM, dropped the old DS, took her for a spin to confirm my prediction, and by the time I pulled back into my driveway the FEDex truck was there with my new DS. Like Clockwork.

Thanks GBR.

Old December 24th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Russell Phillips
1994 Defender 90
I second that. I have always had great service with Bill.

Thanks Bill

'94 AA Yellow
# 891
Old December 24th, 2006, 01:01 AM
ex-1994 D90/ 2 j**ps
make sure you break those 4.11's in!
Old December 24th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Bryan Tate
Just to follow, I recently did the same upgrades from Bill.
He had them here earlier than he thought and things went in and work perfect.
A great guy to work with and chat with.....get him to tell you the history of land rovers when you have a spare hour.....
Old December 25th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Brian Terpstra
Same experience here. Lost a t-case and needed one done fast, but figured I'd add a low range kit at the same time. They came through very quickly for me.

Generally speaking, there's a pretty good community surrounding these goofy vehicles, whether it's Rob over at MIT auto here in Evergreen or Bill at GBR, George at RDS.....the list goes on.

Old December 26th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST
Funny you mention this. Last year I was getting ready for a trip and wanted a simple detroit locker for the rear end of my truck. 4 wheel parts in Dallas claimed that they had the part in stock, and that the install would take one day. Two days went by and they finally called to mention that they did not have the part after all and that they were not sure when it would arive. Needing my truck I called Bill. He shipped one overnight and I had to basically threaten 4 wheel parts to install it in a day like they had origonally said they would. Bill bailed me out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

great basin rovers