Defender Source Forum banner

GPS sender for VDO speedo

Tags
gps speedo
4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  rlynch356 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Do any of you have installed a GPS sender for your VDO speedo gauge instead of YBE100540 sender?. Is it working accurate?

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Carlos

#7 · (Edited)
I have the VDO GPS sender... it can be a little squirrely when you lose direct view of the sky... it's much more temperamental than your typical phone gps. Going under a simple overpass will make the speedometer drop. I've noticed an occasional fluctuation for seemingly no reason. Other than that, it seems to work well and is accurate.

#8 ·
I have the VDO GPS sender... it's can be a little squirrely when you lose direct view of the sky... it's much more temperamental than your typical phone gps. Going under a simple overpass will make the speedometer drop. I've noticed an occasional fluctuation for seemingly no reason. Other than that, it seems to work well and is accurate.
I live in NYC and haven't noticed any of the drops Billy described. Tunnels of course, but an overpass, never.

I like it, it works fine. On a poor space weather day and on a very short trip you may not get a signal, although that hardly ever happens to me.

#11 ·
This is why a proper VSS is much better, IMO. Always works. Always records all movement. Tall building, heavy tree, tunnels, parkades and you lose speed and odometer. Can't really understand why people go with a GPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.