Defender Source Forum banner

GM Gen 4 conversion including LS

Tags
conversion
963K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  LandDefender 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
O.k. I got permission from the forum member to post a few pics.

This is a GM Gen 4 mated to a 6 speed and then to the LT230. Guess what...no change needed in your drive lines as this mates up to your LT 230.

Imaging all the HP and gas mileage you could want. WOW. More to come from the forum member.

Attachments

See less See more
#1,258 ·
what sort of fuel mileage do these trucks get with the LS?
Is there an option yet for a manual transmission? Seems a shame to lose the manual for an auto

#1,261 · (Edited)
#1,263 ·
Thanks! Did you consider the LC9?

#1,267 ·
All:

Ok, so I read the entire thread but still have questions;

-Is there any preference for the LC9 over the LH6?

-Has anyone used an Allisport radiator with an LC9 & 6L80e?

-I saw that the 5.3 motor 'drops right in' but also see Nick is selling mounts. ?

-Any ballpark estimates on labor & parts, sans motor & trans?

Thanks,

Paul.

#1,268 ·
Paul from what i understand the LH6 and LC9 are essentially the same motor but one was flex fuel and the other wasn't. I might be wrong. What motor do you have now? You will need motor mounts. If you have a V8 you would use Nicks bolt in mounts and i think if you have a diesel you have to weld in mounts. Did you get the BOM (list of materials and parts) from Nick? If not send him a PM.

#1,269 ·
I'm not really interested in a flex fuel engine, but want aluminium for weight saving & corrosion resistance. I am currently running a 3.9 out of a '96 D1, but will do the GM upgrade when I replace my chassis & bulkhead. I PM'd nick but no response as yet.

Thanks!

#1,274 ·
adapters

I was out last week for surgery. Trying to get caught up on emails and PMs.

I received email this morning that the adapter housings were delivered to the machine shop from the foundry, then sent back out for heat treat, and are now on the lathe. (Two lathe operations, three mill operations.) They should be ready to ship to me June 3 along with shafts.

Nick

#1,288 ·
All:

Thoughts on eBay item number 121995380931?

Thanks,

Paul.

#1,290 · (Edited)
Thanks! Sadly over $1k in shipping...

Am I on the list for the next round of adapters?

#1,294 ·
Thanks for the info- I'll stick with an LC9.

I'm trying to arrange shipping quotes on the one I posted above. How much does an LC9 & 6L80e transmission weigh? Seller claims 700# but that sounds a bit high?

#1,304 · (Edited)
Just a heads up:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191884765669

Cheap for now, but hey, in for a penny, in for a pound......... Ahhh, screw it. If you're going LS, Go BIG or go home, right?

Now LSA big is like John Holmes getting enlargement surgery, but who wouldn't do it if they could :) Jwillia is going to travel back in time when he gets that monster built! Can't wait ;-)

#1,305 ·
That one has def got my attention, but there are other possibilities that are closer to me with fewer miles.