Defender Source Forum banner

GM Gen 4 conversion including LS

Tags
conversion
963K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  LandDefender 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
O.k. I got permission from the forum member to post a few pics.

This is a GM Gen 4 mated to a 6 speed and then to the LT230. Guess what...no change needed in your drive lines as this mates up to your LT 230.

Imaging all the HP and gas mileage you could want. WOW. More to come from the forum member.

Attachments

See less See more
#1,079 ·
We started a project yesterday, and hope to have it on the road by April 1. I can't say enough about nick and his customer service, I will tell you to not be in a rush:)

Attachments

#1,089 · (Edited)
Well, that is hard to compare. It is obviously way faster than any of the diesels I have driven (2.5, 200 Tdi, 300 Tdi, Td5 and Puma, and I have driven upgraded Td5s and chipped Pumas) and the LS3 has tons of top end left where the diesels have nothing left once they are up to road speed. Other than messing around in the parking lot in low range and going up and down our RTI ramp I can't say if I would like it as much as I do a 300 Tdi on the trail (I can't take this customer's truck on the trail), but it doesn't show me any sort of lugging idle issues (surging, stalling), like some gas engines I have driven. I'm a diesel fan for the trail, but for any sort of street or daily driver duty I would go LS3 all the way.
Its pretty amazing to launch a NAS 110 into triple digit speeds so easily. :whistling:

#1,097 ·
Spent a bit of time on my dash today and took a slightly different approach...

20160204_102830 by James Elphick, on Flickr

20160204_105209 by James Elphick, on Flickr

20160204_191347 by James Elphick, on Flickr

20160205_081852 by James Elphick, on Flickr

The dash is the same width as the diameter of the original speedometer and the outside edge centralizes the new instrument display perfectly. I then simply cut out the profile, filled the two small areas with a drillable filler spayed the offending areas and drilled the two holes (one either side) for the two push button switches. once the switches are in, I think it will be impossible to tell!