Glow Plug Light turn on when dome light is switch is flipped on - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 27th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Elbee
Lance
1989 110 200tdi

Registry
Glow Plug Light turn on when dome light is switch is flipped on

So this is weird. I assume there is possibly a bad ground maybe somewhere.

So i turn on the dome light switch is turned and the dome light does not turn on, but the glow plug light does turn on, but I don't think the glow plugs are actually on. Anyone else experience this ever? Also my hazards decided to just buzz and not work also.

There are a few wires that are not connected to anything. Is there sheet for the codes of what all the wires are? white with purple tracer = Ejector seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2014, 12:17 AM
byrnecc
Conor
1986 ex-mod 110

Registry
google search should get you a more specific wiring diagram but it sounds like a bad ground to me...I had the weirdest things going on when I had a bad ground, warning lights glowing, turning off, not working etc. Attached is a wiring diagram for an '86 diesel mod ffr. Also, I have a thread titled Sell, Fix, or Find Help and on one of the pages is a Lucas Wiring color coding explanation guide....very useful.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Defender FFR Wiring diagram .pdf (1.33 MB, 28 views)
Old August 28th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Elbee
Lance
1989 110 200tdi

Registry
Thanks! I tried google but the only examples i could really fined were 2002, 1997 and on, and series.
I would of thought it would of been easiest thing to find since there is such a following for them.

Maybe i just suck at googling

I also notice when my dome light is switched on and the glow plug light is on the clock dies. There maybe there is a short in the glows and they are taking all the power. Need a good multimeter. to start chasing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 28th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Elbee
Lance
1989 110 200tdi

Registry
Here is the lucas wiring explanation. Look great.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lucas Wiring Explanation.pdf (171.0 KB, 38 views)
Old September 9th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Elbee
Lance
1989 110 200tdi

Registry
Sorted it out. I decided to re-do most of the grounding points on all the accessories. I centralized all the grounding points onto an aviation terminal block that was grounded straight to the battery. No more issues!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dome light, ht, switch