glass draught rail removal - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 24th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Spook
Rich
97 Defender 90

Registry
glass draught rail removal

so in my project door rebuilt head scratch here is where i am at. i have my door tops completely apart and out to the powder coater. I ordered some new gaskets from garrison and some other parts. My door draught rails were all beat up and gouged. I ordered new ones. The new ones did not come with an gaskets or glue but the factors ones are on some how. Anyone got any tips? By the way rovers south in Nola is awesome. Below is stock pic.

Thanks as always.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5652.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	105658  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 28th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Spook
Rich
97 Defender 90

Registry
FYI if anyone cares. I put a bit of WD 40 on the rail and let is work its way in. Then i put a flat head on each end of the rail and slowly worked it off the glass. There is a rubber gasket between the rail and the glass. It may have been glued at one point as some of it was left on the window. I plan on reusing the old one as I cannot find a replacement.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
glass, ht