Getting the Wings Lined Up - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 14th, 2016, 08:30 PM
1965 IIa
Getting the Wings Lined Up

OK, so I'm prepping to put the wings back on. And I'm looking at the front strike plate/wing brace that crosses in front of the radiator. Two things.

First, once I got the brace up, I noticed that it sits a bit lower than the radiator than it did with the V8 radiator. This means the Tdi radiator is sitting about 1/4 higher than the original -- is this going to be a problem for closing the hood?

Second, when I pulled this thing apart, I noticed some 1/4 inch and 1/8 spacers between the brace and the wing. I had also noticed that the wings sagged a bit on the outside corners. It seems as if removing those spacers might straighten out the wings when I reinstall. Is this correct? Are the spacers factory?

How else should I go about mounting the wings in order to make sure they don't sag, etc...?
Project: Aux 110
1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions