Getting at the heater core - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 8th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Velardi View Post
I don't even see the heater core replacements on their site yet , I believe Merv paid £90 at the LRO show for one. Also you can buy a new replacement heater but it will still not be as efficient or give as much heat as the Allisport uprated heater core can put out .
If you guys have a line on cheap lhd heater assembly's please share the wealth. Last one I bought was over $500. I'm good with serviceable used.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2010, 03:20 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

You could probably modify it before putting it back in to allow pulling the core out with the box in place though.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old October 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Velardi View Post
I don't even see the heater core replacements on their site yet , I believe Merv paid £90 at the LRO show for one. Also you can buy a new replacement heater but it will still not be as efficient or give as much heat as the Allisport uprated heater core can put out .
If they are £90, that is great. I was told £400. Maybe it was a different make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Chris Velardi
Chris Velardi
1975 101FC

Just got off the phone with them , the cores run 180 pounds to 200 pounds depending on which model NAS is 200 pounds British Stirling. They are not cheap but if you are looking for more heat output , putting a more efficient core and enlarging the bulk head opening is the only way to do it.
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:47 AM
jpotter0
James M. Potter
1997 Defender 90 SW

Thanks

Thanks, JimC, for posting the photos. They will be a big help if I have to pull the heater box. I think my problem is a crack in the top of the heater core where the plastic pipes come in. It looks amenable to repair with epoxy. If I am lucky the epoxy will hold and there will be no other leaks in the core. If not, I will be looking at your pictures again. Thanks - Jim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
heater