Defender Source Forum banner

Generic "truck lite" headlights from Amazon... yeah I went there

Tags
ht lights
2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  EnduroPro 
#1 ·
Wanted some better lighting but didn't want to spend $300 on some Truck Lite headlights... so I took a gamble on some Chinese knock offs. Yeah, I'm that guy.
Installed them last night... happy with them but not thrilled. I'm sure the real deal ones are better... at least I assume they are.
Build quality seems decent... light output is very wide, but it's not as bright at distance that I'd hoped they would be. Brights are very, very good. The cut-off line isn't very sharp on the low beams.
I don't really care for the look, since with my truck I'm trying to keep it 'old' looking... but they light output is worth it I guess.
Here's a few pics... you can't really tell how much brighter they are than stock due to the change in aperture of the camera... but they're brighter than stock by quite a margin.
For $100 I think they're worth it, but I'd like to see how they compare to the real TL's.

Stock bulb:

LED:

Stock high beam:

LED high beam:

See less See more
#5 ·
Before dumping $$ on LED headlamps I would offer up this. The original setup feeds voltage through a good length of wiring and switches. The results is voltage drop that diminishes headlamp output greatly. Install a relay harness that feeds the stock headlamps 12 volts straight from the battery. The difference is readily noticeable and the cost is negligible by comparison. Of course, this doesn't add the bling factor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.