Defender Source Forum banner

Gasket sealants

Tags
gas
1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ne4x4 
#1 ·
Well I ordered all the parts, seals, gaskets etc,, to rebuild the stub axle (spindle), CV Joint, Swivel housing etc.
The shop manual doesn't talk about gasket sealants, so I was wondering if anyone recommended using sealants for
the gaskets in the axle to swivel Housing, or stub axle to housing, or flanges?.

#2 ·
Just some brush or spray on adhesive stuff, I prefer the spray tack, since it goes on smoother and more even.

-Hans

#6 · (Edited)
Thats good to know, never heard of that before.. I guess bearing grease is cool? waiting for seal kits, gaskets etc.. Sv housing and Cv are rebuilt, rotor/hub cleaned out, new bearings, just waiting fo the stub hub /spindle , and sv gaskets. frustrated because I had to go source parts from three suppiers to get everything, and I would have been done already. Now I have to wait until Wed. &^%$! Having fun though, and got a couple more hairs (greying) on my chest for trail repairs..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.