galvanized - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Ray Bone
Ray Bone

Just bought a set of new capping for my SW, does anyone know where can I galvanized them? does anyone know anything about cold galvanized?

Old November 12th, 2006, 10:24 PM
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

Originally Posted by MuddyOval
Sheki, you are a wang too.
A wang is another word for, you guessed it, A DICK!

Nothing racist, just pure DICK!
Old November 13th, 2006, 07:49 AM
1967 Series IIA
I had a bunch of stuff galvanized for my truck.

Prior to galvanizing, I had to remove all of the paint. If you're diligent and into that sort of thing, you can strip it yourself. I tried for a while and ended up taking it some place to have the paint removed (acid stripped).

This might vary by galvanizing shop but the place I used (Seattle, WA) wanted me to wire up the pieces on a frame. They would then send the frame through their process. After getting the frames back, I cut my pieces out and cleaned off the excess zinc.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions