FYI: Heater for D-90 - Found...where to install - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
PMKColorado
Paul Koentges
'95 White D-90, #2625

FYI: Heater for D-90 - Found...where to install

Just purchased Flex-a-Lite heater from Amazon for $38...scratch & dent; others available from $52. Will install over the holidays...pictures and heat results to be posted. Thinking about installing in center or rear cubby, depending on fit. Passenger seat compartment used for amp...other ideas appreciated. Don't really want to cannibalize my sheet metal…

(Old Post From Vlocci)

"I just installed a Flex-a Lite Mojave heater under the passengers seat. It is a nice self contained unit that pumps out some serious BTU's. It is simply T'ed into the heater core supply and return lines with 5/8 heater hose, and comes with all the necessary wiring.

real nice unit, about 150.00 bucks, and can easily roast you out of the truck if need be.

If your really intersted, I can snap some pictures, but honestly this is a no-brainer. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Raleigh D90
Ben
Somewhere Across Town

Be careful that you didn't end up with just the plenum. The heater itself is usually $150 bucks or so.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
PMKColorado
Paul Koentges
'95 White D-90, #2625

contacted the seller to ask same question...said it was the heater, however, I suspect it is just the "plenum heater"If not, I may just buy small heater cores, ($10), 6" 12V fans & 2 spd switch, and fabricate/install them in my rear cubby boxes; I would cut/crimp vents directly in the side of the boxes...probably looking at $100 or so for all the parts for two heaters. May need to add an inline pump to help circulate the water...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2009, 10:32 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've got one you can copy if you want, its pretty neat. I'd have to take pix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d-90, heater