Defender Source Forum banner

Fuse Block

826 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  The Dro 
#1 ·
Are these standard?

I don't see them in the circuit diagram?

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#3 ·
They are a POS... I think they are ceramic/plastic fuses.

The PO hardwire the fueses... I'm glad it didn't burn the harness.

------ Follow up post added October 26th, 2016 11:12 AM ------

No...looks like something from an older VW, BMW or Volvo.

LR did use auxiliary fuse blocks that snapped into the same spot for some of the optional equipment, but they use the standard contemporary British glass fuses.

The German unit is probably better :)
I'll trace them to see were they go. I did see the PO had some type of switch (now broken) next to the hazard switch.

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
No...looks like something from an older VW, BMW or Volvo.

LR did use auxiliary fuse blocks that snapped into the same spot for some of the optional equipment, but they use the standard contemporary British glass fuses.

The German unit is probably better :)

#4 ·
yes those are a standard British Leyland aux fuse blocks. the body of fuse is ceramic with a fuse wire attached. You use to be able to buy a card of fuse wire and re-use the ceramic bit. showing my age now.

#5 ·
yes those are a standard British Leyland aux fuse blocks. the body of fuse is ceramic with a fuse wire attached. You use to be able to buy a card of fuse wire and re-use the ceramic bit. showing my age now.
Interesting, when did BL use those types of fuses? I've always associated them with the Continental manufacturers. Don't think I ever saw one on a Series, were they after glass fuses but before blades?

#7 ·

Attachments

#9 ·
Turns out that the fuse block was a fire hazard waiting to happen.

I traced the wires and the PO did some jerry rigging, lopping cables and weird connections. To what... No idea. The ends were cut at 4 different places.

All gone now. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.