fuel tank insall - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

fuel tank insall

does the D90 tank just drop right in with the bottom plate or is there some padding that is supposed to go under it? I know about the closed cell foam dics along the sides but it seems like there should be something along the bottom or a top strap to keep it secured. Or is it just free to bounce around or rub on the bottom plate? I looked through the parts manual but didn't see anything, and checked out BarryO's thread but just thought I'd ask...
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Only the skid plate holds the tank in place. To my knowledge, there is no padding on top or on bottom of the tank. Be sure the tank is near empty before dropping the plate.

Good luck...

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
No padding, but it gets wedged pretty tight between the tub and the skid plate. The filler seems to hold it in place pretty well too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
slickrock
Andrew Gold
94 D90

Watch out for the evaporator hoses. If you rip the bushings going to the tank you may not notice the leak until you button everything up, take a turn on a full tank, and smell gas.
Has anybody ever cut out an 8-inch port hole in the back of the floor board to get to the fuel pump? A nice plexiglass cover or a stainless steel plate would could look trick and make the future replacement of a fuel pump a half hour job.
Old July 5th, 2008, 11:48 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

I was thinking of using a large boat scupper to plug the hole. It has an oring and looks like it was made that way
Old July 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
You could always use the floor plug from a rangie or a disco, but I'd rather pull the tank every few years than cut my floor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel, fuel tank