fuel pump and regulator info? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

fuel pump and regulator info?

anyone know the pressure rating(psi) on the stock fuel pump and the gallon per hour rating?i have been looking at all kinds of pumps and it seems the higher psi rating the lower the gph rating is. i think in the parts sub. table in the tech articles says something about 30psi? i found a pump that was rated it a 65psi and 18gph-can i use this?what about the fuel pressure regulator-would this not regulate it to stay at a constant pressure or not above a pressure? i think the stock regulator is 2.5 bar(about 36psi)?would there be a problem putting in a 3 bar (about 43psi)pressure regulator.any ifo on this would be great -(by the way i have read the threads that say the fuel psi at the fuel rail are around 30-40-this is not info i am looking for)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2006, 12:23 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

for anyone how cares-the original fuel pump that was out of my defender was supplied by AC before they merged with now AC-DELCO. and i have found an ac-delco pump that is an excact copy (as far as looks wise goes)of the one i removed the ac-delco # is ep266. the pressure on it is 30psi and 21 gallons per hour(i talked to someone at ac-delco).the carter pump i had in was #p74006(the one for the cadillac)i talked to someone at carter and they said that pump operates at 40-80psi and 28gph? and more info for anyone that cares i have found a bosch fuel pressure regulator that is also exact replacement for the 90-its a 2.5 bar (and it looks cool powder coated in black if you buy the bosch one) bosch # 0 280 160 248 .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel