Fuel line replacements - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 21st, 2012, 03:30 PM
red&yellowrovers
Joe Still
95 D90 NAS 3.9l ST AA Yellow #2719

Fuel line replacements

I have ruined my two rubber fuel lines that connect the pump/tank to the steel lines for fuel supply and return.

The local hyd shop says they can't find the threads to match for a compression fitting for custom made hoses.

I searched the archives and saw this question but never an answer. I'm sure half the people who have removed fuel tanks have trashed theirs, how are you reconnecting? I would suspect just push-on fuel line and band clamps at the connection to the steel lines after cutting off the flare nut. How do you handle the fuel pump connection?

Thanks in advance. js
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2012, 03:59 PM
taoseno
Todd Kendrick
1995 D90 #2206 Original Owner

Registry
when I did my fuel pump years ago there were none available. Now Stephen at Safari Rovers has them in SS...........
'95 D90 #2206
'66 109" P/U
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
I just replaced my line from fuel filter to pump. I used some rigid brake pipe, 5/16", and got some new compression fittings. I cut off the brake flares and bent it up then used the threaded part that was already on the brake pipe. I know that it is supposed to be compatible with the brake flare end, but it seems to be holding the compression ferrule tight and hasn't leaked yet. Knock wood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
d90xjay
J Phillips
1997 D90 SW

Hmmm that sounds like good idea. I have my tank off the rover now wondering if I could get new rubber replacements or figuring out some alternate solution. My lines were corroded out bad.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
red&yellowrovers
Joe Still
95 D90 NAS 3.9l ST AA Yellow #2719

Looks like might be able to push on fuel hose over the crushed ferrule and then use band clamp. Not ideal but better than nothing. Js
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
You can buy new ferrules at auto store for cheap.

I'm getting a rattle that I assume is coming from the hard line all the way from the fuel filter to the pump. I wouldn't suggest doing that. I'm going to change it out for some flex line and hose clamps

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, fuel