Fuel line clogging 110 Tith - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old September 18th, 2015, 09:10 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,691
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post

Do they both work in a series?
Series 1, 2, 2A or 3?
Exactly who is on first... in the first place... score position.

Yes you can use both pumps in the same fuel system.
Doode... in series... not on a Series.

Fuel tank -> electric pump -> lift lump

What's the benefit of installing both together?
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old September 19th, 2015, 10:31 AM
carlosz's Avatar
carlosz
Status: Offline
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 964
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
Doode... in series... not on a Series.

Fuel tank -> electric pump -> lift lump

What's the benefit of installing both together?
doode, one or the other not both... on a drawing board you use the electric pump to bring fuel
from the tank to the lift pump, then the lift pump provides the amount of fuel the ip demands.
ip runs 3 to 10 psi intake (output to injectors is much higher), the electric is constant non variable pressure .excess pressure is then returned via return line to the tank.
thus in real application while not causing damage to the system, it is counter active to use both as at idle the manual pump will act as a dam much more than off idle speeds.

A word to the wise, a mechanical pump will leak but not stop working, electric will shut down completely upon failure.
not against them simply a shot of reality.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 19th, 2015, 12:45 PM
rdavisinva's Avatar
rdavisinva
Status: Offline
Robert Davis
N/A
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 6,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosz View Post
doode, one or the other not both... on a drawing board you use the electric pump to bring fuel
from the tank to the lift pump, then the lift pump provides the amount of fuel the ip demands.
ip runs 3 to 10 psi intake (output to injectors is much higher), the electric is constant non variable pressure .excess pressure is then returned via return line to the tank.
thus in real application while not causing damage to the system, it is counter active to use both as at idle the manual pump will act as a dam much more than off idle speeds.

A word to the wise, a mechanical pump will leak but not stop working, electric will shut down completely upon failure.
not against them simply a shot of reality.
If the electric pump quits, the left pump can draw fuel through it.
If the lift pump fails, the electric pump can pump through it.
Since the electric pumps are on demand and shut off with pressure, they have no problems with low or high delivery scenarios, because they are specifically designed for it.
__________________
RDavisinVA

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old September 19th, 2015, 06:24 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,691
Registry
Sooo... How about the Redskins?

Because I'm back to post #17
__________________
Mine is NTO... It was new, Now I'm Taking it Off.
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, fuel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New NAS 90 Fuel Line Hoses (Line to Tank) FS SafariHP The Vendors Loft 0 August 28th, 2015 09:36 PM
Looking for list of all the brake and fuel line clips on a NAS 110 evilfij Defender Technical Discussions 18 May 16th, 2013 09:06 AM
Front brake line - why hard line & flex line? jefhuf Defender Technical Discussions 5 January 13th, 2012 09:03 AM
110 Fuel Line Coupling JimC Defender Technical Discussions 0 October 12th, 2009 02:00 PM
Line Lock for Winch Line Maine 110 The Vendors Loft 6 February 7th, 2006 06:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Copyright