Fuel Gauge Problem - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 23rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
ollieskins
Wade Garrett
1994 defender 90

Fuel Gauge Problem

Hi all,

My fuel gauge has been acting up lately. At first when I started the truck it would take maybe 30 seconds to work, now it stopped working altogether. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
First thing I would do is test the ground on the gauge, probably the easiest thing to check first. Mine did the same thing and that was it.
Old December 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM
ollieskins
Wade Garrett
1994 defender 90

I pulled out the dash, everything looked ok. Then I put everything back & now the turn signals, speedometer don't work. WTF?? Damn this thing is annoying!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Well, Lucas is said to be called the "king of darkness". When one is making lights, this is strange. I suspect the wiring coming out of your sender unit. They rust coz of their location. Take your fuel gauge out and wire it this way: Negative to negative of battery. The other pin just put 12 v to it. It should indicate full. That way you'll make sure the gauge is or not your problem
Old December 24th, 2010, 02:56 PM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

Does it work sporadically? If so, it could be in the wiring inside the frame, or there is a connection under the hood(bonnet) on the passenger side up near the hinge for the hood. I had corrosion in that connection, and then the wiring inside the frame. I just pulled it all and rewired it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel