Fuel filler/cap difference? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Fuel filler/cap difference?

I am in the middle of a rebuild and I was able to get a new 2008 tub for my 1983 110. My original tub has the older Series III locking fuel cap and filler but the newer tub is for a diesel with a smaller hole in the tub for the filler. I was going to enlarge the hole to fit the older filler but now thinking about buying the newer style filler. I noticed that my older fuel cap has 2 small vent holes in it--I assume this is necessary for the lower fuel-pressure carb system vs the newer fuel injection system? Is this necessary? Anyone know if the newer caps has/need vent holes? Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2010, 08:55 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
If one of the diesel boys don't answer before me I'll have answer for you tomorrow night.
Old July 6th, 2010, 09:32 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
If one of the diesel boys don't answer before me I'll have answer for you tomorrow night.
Sweet, thanks Charles. Still looking myself.

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2010, 09:43 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Actually it will be tomorrow night before I can look at the diesel. But Ren Ching has already stated that he thinks your best move is to match the filler to the tank, which unless you have changed tanks would be to keep your existing one and just cut the hole bigger. If you have changed over to a td5 tank or something then go with the right filler for that.
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:23 AM
MUDSUX
Forrest
Like my Tatas?

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Actually it will be tomorrow night before I can look at the diesel. But Ren Ching has already stated that he thinks your best move is to match the filler to the tank, which unless you have changed tanks would be to keep your existing one and just cut the hole bigger. If you have changed over to a td5 tank or something then go with the right filler for that.
Thanks, I was thinking the same. I did get a new tank but it is a direct replacement, not a td5 tank. I want to keep the 110 old-school with the older style locking cap. Now to figure out how to enlarge the hole in the tub without completely messing it up. Thanks Charles.

Old July 6th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Mud, I would use a dremel tool for that. Make a pattern from the old one and use it to mark the new hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSUX View Post
Thanks, I was thinking the same. I did get a new tank but it is a direct replacement, not a td5 tank. I want to keep the 110 old-school with the older style locking cap. Now to figure out how to enlarge the hole in the tub without completely messing it up. Thanks Charles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fuel