fuel and temp gauge not working - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 30th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Joe Anderson
1987 Defender 90
fuel and temp gauge not working

Hello every one, I just purchased a 1987 Defender 90. My fuel and temp gauge are not working. I have read multiple threads on how to diagnosis the problem. So today when I pulled the dash apart I could not find any bad ground wires. But there is a green wire that is unplugged from the wiring harness near the connector. The solid green wire does connect into the connector. I know that the solid green wire is part of both the temp and fuel gauge. So is this loose end causing my problem and where does it go? (see attached image) I appreciate the help in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dash wire.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	152882  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions