Front suspension troubleshooting... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 4th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Stephan Laputka
1995 D-90 SW
Front suspension troubleshooting...

I have this odd creaking issue coming from my front suspension. I just replaced the springs and noticed some geometry issues with the front. The car has a 2 inch lift, bilstein 7100 10 inch in the front, rovertym shock mounts (lower is eyelet mount) and 4x4 adventure gear front dislocation cones. When sitting flat the lower spring perch is angled forward and causes the spring to foward. The shock does not sit perfectly vertical, instead is seems the lower mount is further forward that the top mount so the shock sits at an angle. The result is the eyelets at both ends are stressed while sitting neutral in the driveway let alone off-road. When I shake the car the lower mounts in the front creak very loudly. I've wheeled the car all over, driven across the country and never had a problem but it just doesn't seem right. I feel like the radius arms need to be shorter or something. I don't know if i'm articulating this well but has anyone had similar symptoms happen?

Old June 5th, 2006, 06:22 AM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
If I am reading this correctly, the axle is angled forward a bit due to the 2" lift springs. To correct this, you have to get a set of castor correction radius arms or a Safarigard 3-link. THis will return your front axle to a more stock angle and make your casttor angle closer to stock..
Legend in My Own Mind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

front suspension