Front recovery points (long) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 16th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
If you want a Moab style Shipman bumper, Shane was a used one for sale.

Old August 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM
1995 SW #487/500

Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old August 19th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Jim Pace
Originally Posted by MuddyOval
Jim that does look good. I wonder though if the stainless is strong enough to hold if you were to pull on it from the side. Have you used them yet to test them out?
You could sell those things.
I have pulled variety of vehicles from farm tractors, Rovers, Pinzgauers, old Dodge Power Wagons in all sorts of conditions and very pleased w/ this set up. I made four sets for my two brothers and sister's D90s as well.

Liability issue not worth the hassle for selling. Fabricating an extra and stress testing to failure would be the next step.

The dual ARB D90 is the smallest most fragile 4x4 I work with and a Warn 9000 seems like a spool of thread compared to more serious winches. Having said that I enjoy the truck for what it is and have been very pleased with it's manners both on & off road for years.
Highly reccommend the vehicle, but that is preaching to the choir on this site.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions